Diet for pregnant and lactating
Doctors proved that being overweight increases a variety of serious diseases. Especially the extra weight in new mothers. Unique and effective way to prevent problems with their own health and the health of children in the future in this case is diet for pregnant women.
Recommended Diet for pregnant women
Proper nutrition during pregnancy – this is mandatory for women in their daily diet of 100-120 grams of protein, including about 70-90 grams of animal protein are consumed include milk, cheese, yogurt, fermented milk, baked yoghurt, eggs, meat and fish.
As for fat, daily consumption (including all of fat that enters the mother’s body through foods) is 80-100 g, including at least 20 grams of vegetable .
The third essential component of the body, carbohydrates, which of course must be included in the diet for pregnant women is no more than 350-400 grams per day, and 300 grams per day in the second half of pregnancy. The result can be achieved by reducing the baked foods (including bread) and sugar.
Proper nutrition for pregnant women suggests a rather tough schedule meals. The number of meals should be limited to 4-5 times a day, taking food in small portions. We should adhere to the recommended distribution patterns of food intake in calories as bellow:
- For breakfast – 30% of the daily requirement
- At lunch – 10% of the daily requirement
- Lunch – 40% of the daily requirement
- At lunch – 10% of the daily requirement
- For dinner – 10% of the daily requirement
The last meal is recommended no more than two to three hours before bedtime. While dinner should consist of easily digested foods (yogurt, buttermilk, cottage cheese …).
Proper nutrition for pregnant women, as well as a diet for nursing mothers, implies a certain variety of menus, the inclusion of stewed, boiled, baked dishes. Daily amount of salt is limited to 5.6 grams a day, because salt binding fluid, leading to an abnormal increase of fluid. Sufficient daily amount of fluid consumed by 1 to 1.5 liters of pregnancy. It is mandatory for pregnant diet involves daily intake of mineral preparations and combination of multivitamin designed specifically for this purpose.
Diet for lactating and pregnant women involves exclusion of food products as follows:
- Pastries and fresh bread, chocolate and candy
- Ice cream, condensed milk, milk shakes
- Cheeses and dairy products of high fat content
- Fatty meats, poultry and fish, fat and internal organs of animals and food from them
- Meat, fish and mushroom soups and sauces
- Fried eggs and boiled
- Sweet varieties of fruits and berries
- Sharp and salty snacks
- Herbs and spices
- Any dishes made way frying or deep-frying
- Alcoholic beverages
- Strong tea, cocoa, coffee
- Refined sugar
Proper nutrition during pregnancy
Some simple and practical tips to help you avoid problems with excess weight:
- Proper nutrition during pregnancy is advised in moderation. The volume of portions you should increase proportionally with the size of your stomach. The idea that if you have two, then and there, you have to eat “for two” is very wrong. This is true if you leave the table with a hunger, not with a sense of fullness of stomach explode.
- Secondly, there is the principle that is less important of eating right regime – food should always be fresh, high-quality and diverse. It is applicable to the level of daily consumption, and weekly scale.
- As for fruits, vegetables and whole grains – they can be absorbed in any amount – the more, the better. To ensure the pregnant woman’s body get the vitamins and minerals in the diet, should present fresh berries, fruits and vegetables, green-stuff.
- Choose more ethnic dishes – dishes and typical products of your residence and race. For example, women who live in central europe used to pick cabbage and apples, but not oranges and pineapple.
- Try not to eat in the early morning and later than two hours before falling asleep. That’s right, if the interval between “neighbors” food is 4-5h. Adopted in time your body will prepare the food for its processing, and hence to better digestion and assimilation. You can not skip breakfast or lunch. “Snacks” in excess of the daily norm (4-5 times / day) should not be allowed, especially if high-calorie meals and products.
- Very closely acquainted with the label. The words which attract attention such as “low calorie”, “diet”, unfortunately, often no more than a publicity move. The information in the data on the label is much more useful. Keep in mind that the presence of excess sugar in the yogurt “low fat” or “fat free” quickly negate all efforts to combat excess weight!